Learn More About Oral Sedation
"We can help you choose the type of sedation that's best for you!"
Are You A Candidate?
DO YOU HAVE:
• Extreme fear thinking about having dental work done?
• Previous traumatic dental experience?
• High gag reflex?
• Difficulty getting “frozen”?
• Busy schedule?
If you have any or all of the previous criteria, you’re a candidate for sedation dentistry.
Sedation Dentistry (Relaxation Dentistry)
Oral sedation at Sunshine Dental is handled by Dr. Jehan Casey
THE TOP 10 REASONS PEOPLE NEED ORAL SEDATION
10. Oral Sedation is a safe and effective way of relieving the anxiety associated with going to the dentist.
9. Dentists have used oral medications for many years to relieve fear and apprehension associated with dental appointments.
8. It allows patients to relax and have little or no memory of their dental appointments (partial or total amnesia).
7. It's easy – you take a pill one hour prior to your dental appointment.
6. Some patients are so relaxed that they sleep right through their dental appointment. When someone is relaxed they will feel less tired after a long dental appointment.
5. Patients are so relaxed and comfortable, that a large amount of a complex treatment can be accomplished in a single appointment.
4. People who have trouble getting numb are often helped by Oral Sedation Dentistry.
3. If you are scared of needles, sedation dentistry can help you.
2. People who have difficulty controlling movements, such as Parkinson's Disease or Cerebral Palsy are often helped by oral sedation.
1. The dentist can complete more dental treatment with higher quality in a shorter period of time on a patient who is relaxed.
What Happens With IV Sedation Dentistry?
Dr. Kuen Chow will guide you through IV sedation.
• You will be given laughing gas (nitrous oxide) to relax you, then an IV (intravenous) line will be placed in your arm.
• You will begin to feel very sleepy.
• Within a few minutes, you will be so relaxed, you will want us to go ahead and do the dental work.
• You will feel very relaxed and comfortable during the visit.
• After treatment is finished, you will remember very little of the dental visit. This is one of the best side effects of sedation dentistry.
Call for a free consultation to see if you qualify for IV sedation dentistry .